The most obvious sign of secondary infertility is when a woman doesn’t get pregnant despite having regular sex with zero contraception.
Secondary infertility is usually diagnosed if you’ve been trying hard to get pregnant over a year to no avail.
There are some other signs and symptoms that may suggest you have fertility problems. In women, they can include:
Signs and symptoms of secondary infertility
Heavy or painful periods
This may be a sign of infectious growths in the womb known as fibroids, or a condition termed endometriosis, when tissue that appears like the womb’s lining develops in other parts of your body.
Changes to your menstrual cycle
Infrequent or irregular periods can be a symptom of ovulation issues.
It could be a symptom or sign of an infection or endometriosis
In men, signs of infertility are usually not very obvious. It takes a fertility test to check for possible fertility issues, such as problems with your sperm production, sperm count or delivery.
Some of the factors that could result in secondary infertility in males are:
- Ageing: Did you know that a male’s sperm quality reduces as he gets older? If you didn’t, now you do.
- Obesity and weight gain: Lots of men don’t care about their weight gain. Well, weight gain is linked to lowering your testosterone and sperm quality.
- Varicocele: This is when the veins in your scrotum grow larger, hence affecting sperm production.
- Reduced testosterone: A male’s testosterone reduces as they age or due to injury or certain medical conditions.
- Prostate problems or removal: This is another reason for a lower sperm count or secondary infertility in men.
When to speak to a doctor about secondary infertility
Has it been one year since you began trying to get pregnant? If it is, consider speaking to a doctor for advice. It doesn’t matter whether you have been pregnant before or not.
If you’re a woman and over 35 years old, or you have any underlying conditions, you obviously need to get advice early enough. In this situation, you may be less likely to become pregnant naturally, except with the help of effective natural fertility products.
The bottom line is, you need to boost your fertility with a fertility detox, fertility tea or any other natural treatment that is effective. You don’t have to wait for a year to experience secondary infertility before rushing for the treatment.
We have these effective fertility-boosting products and many women who have purchased them have their babies now.