You have most certainly heard a lot about the health benefits of eating vegetables and might have been practicing it. But have you tried juicing your veggies? Do it and thank me later. It’s the best recipe, not only for our overall health but for treating many health complications. People I’ve helped introduce juicing to and myself are living examples of the health benefits of juicing.
It’s been so much of a life changer that I can’t imagine living without it. No wonder I juice all the time.
Do we Really Need to Juice?
Yes, of course! Let’s face it; in a world bombarded with pollutants, chemicals, electro-smog, WiFi and many resulting illnesses and ageing complications, we need natural extra help to heal daily and stay fit and healthy. Juicing has brought so many people with chronic health problems back from the brink of death or major debilitation. It’s a powerful preventative measure that also helps your body to cleanse and heal.
Here I just made my green juice with a bunch of kale, three medium-sized carrots, one pear, 3-inch ginger and half a lemon.I didn’t have beets at home today, so I went with what I had.
What Makes Juicing so Beneficial?
The juicing process extracts virtually every nutrient out of your veggies or fruits and delivers them as vibrant nectar. These are high amounts of vitamins, antioxidants, minerals, and phytonutrients. The juicer breaks the food down for you sparing you the usual chewing and enabling the juice to readily infuse into your body cells. That’s rapid absorption of the nutritional content which is quite beneficial for your health.
· I love the fact that juicing provides me with sufficiently high amounts of nutrients, such as vitamins and minerals
· I get to enjoy green vegetables which means absorbing chlorophyll, a building block for blood
· I love that juicing gives me already well broken down food that gets easily absorbed into my body cells, boosting my immunity
· I love how vibrant and alive I feel immediately after I drink a fresh veggie juice.
· I love the lively aroma that juicing brings to my kitchen.
· I love the mouthwatering tastes of any good combination of juiced veggies. The delicious taste and healing from good juicing can make the healthy practice almost impossible to stop.
Which Kinds of Foods Should we be Juicing?
Always go for natural or organic vegetables and fruits. That’s what provides the benefits people I’ve helped with juicing including myself are testifying about. If you don’t juice natural or organic, you’ll be feeding yourself with a concentrated dose of herbicides and pesticides, besides beneficial nutrients.
Juice hard, leafy and green vegetables such as:
· sweet potato
· collard greens
· dandelion greens
Add herbs or warming spices such as:
- coriander leaves (cilantro)
- lemon balm
Note that with a single or twin geared masticating juicer, you’re good to go. But keep sweet fruits to a minimum of 10% to avoid high sugar spikes and vegetables at a ratio of 90%.
I hope you’ve found this juicing article helpful. Please feel free to leave a comment or question below or share your experience.